Fractional Radio-Frequency Micro-Needling Skin Rejuvenation
The Fractional Radio-Frequency Micro-Needing device uses minimally invasive gold-plated microneedles to deliver RF energy directly into the deeper layers of the skin dermis avoiding injury or burn to the skin surface. This produces a controlled thermal injury to deep dermal tissue causing new collagen production which plumps and tightens the skin more effectively than surface treatments. Unlike lasers and RF applied to the skin surface, there is less risk of burning the surface of the skin which results in a safer treatment with less down time. The clinician can control the depth that the needles penetrate (from 0.5mm to 3.5mm) and the amount of the energy, thus, treatments can be customized for the individual person and treatment goals.
Cosmetic conditions treated by the Fractional Radio-Frequency Micro-Needling include
- Loose skin and wrinkles on the face, around the eyes, the cheek, jowls, neck, décolletage, arms and hands.
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Other scars.
Benefits of Fractional Radio-Frequency Micro-Needling Skin Rejuvenation include
- Safe for most skin types.
- Low risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Only topical numbing cream is required
- Reduced down time, 6-24 hours of pink appearance like a sunburn and most people can return to work the next day.
What are the differences between Fractional Radio-Frequency Micro-Needling, Radio-Frequency alone and Micro-Needling alone?
There is a big difference in the way that RF energy is delivered into the dermis between traditional RF and Fractional RF microneedling. Traditional RF therapy transmits RF energy through a handpiece sitting on the skin surface. This method delivers RF at a lower energy level (to avoid a burn) producing less collagen stimulation and the risk of thermal injury to the skin. Fractional RF microneedling uses the microneedles to deliver the RF energy directly into the deep dermis where maximum stimulation of new collagen can be produced for effective skin rejuvenation without burning the skin surface.
Micro-Needling alone does not deliver energy into skin. It could only stimulate wound-healing process from the minor microneedling skin injuries.
What to expect for the treatment procedure?
- Topical numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area which takes 30 minutes to take effect;
- During the procedure, the hand-piece is moved over the treatment area, stamping the skin with the fine microneedles and delivering the RF energy. Each time the skin is stamped you might feel a prickling sensation and warmth lasting a fraction of a second;
- The treatment takes 10-45 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated;
- Your skin will be pink, warm and tingling immediately after the treatment (like sunburn) and sensitive to sunlight, but there will be no significant pain. Pink color will settle over 3-24 hours;
- Fractional RF microneedling does break the skin surface, so minor pinpoint bleeding can occur. Significant bruising is very rare;
- Mild swelling might be noticeable immediately after the procedure but settles within 12- 72 hours;
- Most people can return to work the next day without any obvious effects;
- Collagen production and remodeling takes time. The beneficial effects of fractional RF microneedling can be seen after 4-6 weeks and continue to develop for up to 4 months after each treatment. At least 3 treatments are recommended, each spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart. Most clients will see significant improvement after 4-6 treatments. The more treatments you have the more improvement you will see.
Frequently Asked Questions
We Can Help You
Our team at TrustedInkAway is committed to provide high quality and most affordable services to our customers in addition to promoting innovations in laser medicine. Dr. Rao is a certified laser clinician, a scientist, and an entrepreneur who is developing next generation selective photothermolysis laser machines for both beauty and healthcare. Ms Holly You is the owner of TrustedInkAwayLLC, and a certified laser clinician who has tremendous passions to help her customers perfecting their tattoo arts and beauties.